Charley and Kate's Beauty Basics - CHEEKS


Hey lovelies! So it's that time of the month again where I bring you 10 products (5 from me, 5 from Kate) that we're loving, and that are the stand out, basics of our collections! 
If you haven't read my first Beauty Basic's post you can find it HERE and you should take a look at Kate's too, over at What Kate Did Next  HERE  

So on with the the post! Finding my top 5 favourite cheek products wasn't difficult for me because I have so many! But I finally settled on these products you see here.

My cheek products - 
Collection 2000 - Sheer loose powder - 02/translucent  £2.99
Benefit - Highlighter - Watt's Up £24.50
MAC - Mineralise skin finish - Soft and Gentle £21.50
MAC - Sheertone blush - Tenderling £17.50
MAC - Archies Girls - Powder blush - Creamsoda £?

Lets start things off with the MAC Archies Girls, Creamsoda blush. When the collection came out I was in love! So many great products, I needed them all! Unfortunately, by the time I had the pennies to buy the pieces I wanted, most of them were sold out, but I did manage to snag this peachy tone blush.
I was unsure about the colour when I was browsing online, but when I went and tried it on in store, I was blown away by how subtle it was on my skin. It's got a little bit of a shimmer to it which I don't usually do, but this one was too sweet to resist. 
This blush pairs well with a peachy tone lipstick! the one I used was Barely There by Sleek Make-up.


 MAC Archies Girls Blush  

Next up Collection Sheer Loose powder. I have to say I love this product a lot. It mattifies my skin and leaves it ultra silky feeling. I brought this because my Rimmel Stay Matt powder had died a death after I dropped it, and I wanted to try a loose powder instead of a pressed.
I think the loose powder gives my skin a better finish than a pressed powder, but I find this product hard to use! I have to set a cloth or paper towel under it because it get's EVERYWHERE. But it is super lovely on the skin.


Collection 2000 Sheer Loose Powder 

The MAC Soft and Gentle skin finish was one of the first MAC products I brought. I loved it then, and I love it even more now! It's a lovely pinky brown colour which has a slightly marbles effect to it. I LOVE to use this as a highlighter and I've even used it as an eyeshadow a handful of time too. It's a powder product and works lovely on the skin. 
The shimmer is quite subtle but build able if you wanna be extra shimmery! 


MAC Soft and Gentle Skin Finish 

Watts up Benefit Highlighter is by far one of my my favourite Benefit products. I brought this a few months ago and it hasn't left my make up bag since. It's a frosty champagne colour and has a cream to powder finish. It's really easy to work with and it comes in a twist up tube which is great because you don't have to carry a brush around. I just dab it across my cheek bones and under my brows and blend it with my fingers. It does come with a little blender at the end, but I can't get on with that, because I find it picks up too much of the other products on my face.


Watts Up Benefit Highlighter 

And lastly, this is my ULTIMATE favourite blusher. It's Tenderling by MAC. And oh my goodness, it's a beautiful dusty pink colour. It's not too bright on the cheeks which is lovely, because on my pale skin blushers can often look too harsh. So this light blusher is perfect. It goes with pretty much every lipstick I own! It's a super versatile shade and as you can see, I've hit the pan I love it so much! 


MAC Tenderling Blush 

That concludes my Beauty Basic's post! I hope that you enjoyed seeing my beauty favourites! 

Take a gander at Kate's Beauty Basic's post at What Kate Did Next.

Kate's products -

Clinque-Iced Lotus Blusher £20.00
Sleek- Bronze Baby Glo £6.50
Bourjois-Delice de poudre bronzing powder £6.99
Benefit- High Beam £18.00
MUA-Shade 2 Blusher £1.00

No comments:

Post a Comment