Mojitos and Mexican

Helloooo!
Just a little post to share this fantastic Mexican restaurant the Mr, and I went to the other night.(We went to the one in Islington, near Angel tube station. But there are a few dotted over London!)

It's called Wahaca, they serve the usual things you'd think of, like burritos, quesadillas, tacos and most importantly TEQUILA. - My kinda place!
We've been here before, one night a few weeks ago when we were feeling adventurous.
Needless to say, it's been playing on both of our minds. We had the most delicious food and drinks while we were there, and I wanted to share it with you!


When we walked in we didn't expect it to be so big! It's quite dimly lit with beautiful lights that encase the entrance. To the left is the kitchen and the bar, and to the right, lot's of seating!


Obviously, being in a place that sells tequila, the obvious choice for me was a Mojito! We ordered some tortilla chips and guacamole to nibble on while we decided on our mains.


Needless to say we had a right old natter and gobbled up the chips and guacamole before ordering.
One thing I really love about this place, is that they have paper place mats which also doubles as a menu!

James opted for the Steak Burrito, while I on the other hand chose Black Bean Tostadas and Chipotle Chicken Quesadillas. The food was so delicious we were so upset when we finished!
We sat for a while, ordered another Mojito for me and a Sprite for James (The boring oldie he is!)


They have a nice cocktail selection too, all made with the purest tequila 100% Blue agave apparently, which makes me one happy bunny!    

For a little after diner treat, we opted to share some churros. Which were beautiful, tossed in sugar and cinnamon and served with a really rich dark chocolate sauce! Perfect for an indulgent treat!


We paid the bill (Which was a fair price, less that we thought!) and thanked our waiter, but before we left, we got handed this little matchbox type thing. I opened it up, and this was the inside! Grow your own Serrano Chillies. HOW COOL!
I'm rubbish at growing things, so I handed these over to my grandad. Who actually happens to be a dab hand at growing veggies! 


I hope you enjoyed this different little post! and that next time you see a Wahaca you'll pop in and have a Mojito… or three! 

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I love Mexican! I've been dying to try churros for ages. Nom! x x

    ReplyDelete