Charley and Kate's Beauty Basic's - Skincare


Hello lovelies, it's been a while since Kate and I have put our heads together for a Beauty Basic's post. But after a good while, we made time in our busy schedules to meet up and have a good old natter!

We've covered A LOT of make up, including Face, lips, cheeks and eyes. So the next logical step for us, it to go on to skincare! 
I enjoy applying and wearing a full face, but I'm not sure my skin likes it as much as me. So I make sure to take really good care of it. With regular cleansing and using products with no alcohol to keep it in tip top condition. 

Here are my skincare favourites!
Left to right,

Simple Purifying Cleansing Lotion. £2.99
The Body Shop Vitimin E Gentle Facewash. £8.00
Witch Blemish Stick.  £2.89
Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Daily Scrub. £4.95
Simple Moisture Boost Hydro Cream. £5.99

Simple Purifying Cleansing Lotion
I love this cleansing lotion, I use this as a substitute for make up wipes. Recently my skin has been super sensitive and dry, and make up wipes sting my face! 
This is a lovely, creamy lotion which leaves my skin feeling smooth and refreshed. 

The Body Shop Vitimin E Gentle Facewash
I made the mistake of going into the body shop before Superdrug. And this was a bit of an impulse buy, but one I'm glad I brought. I was on the hunt for a soothing cream wash and I thought I'd give this one a try. It's a very relaxing face wash, nothing too harsh on the skin. 
I often use this in the morning to wake me up and prepare my skin of the day!

Witch Blemish Stick
This little gem is a must have in my wash bag, I use this almost every night to help stop blemishes and when I do get the odd spot I dab a bit of this on it to help it clear up quickly. It's a block in the stick, but when applied to the face it sort of melts in to your skin.

Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Daily Scrub
I have a love hate relationship with this scrub, my skin is sensitive, but it needs a good scrub every now and then. and it's Grapefruit! I love pink grape fruit scented things! Very citrusy and lush. This is one of the gentler scrubs I've used on my skin, and I like that it's not too abrasive.

Simple Moisture Boost Hydro Cream
I use this moisturiser as a bit of a night cream because it's quite thick and nourishing. I use this every time I use a scrub, and when my skin is especially dry. I wouldn't recommend using this in the morning as it can leave a bit of a greasy sheen on the skin. But if my standard daytime/morning cream isn't cutting it, I'll pump a little bit of this and mix the two. 

You guys know the drill, pop over to Kate's blog to see her Skincare favourites, seen below!
Left to right,
Soap and Glory Scrubatomic £9.00
Olay Facial Wash £2.99
Simple Pore Minimising Cleanser £4.99
Superdrug Vitamin E Night Cream £2.99
Superdrug Vitamin E Eye Cream £2.99

Hope this post was interesting for you guys, this is how I keep my skin looking healthy.
Till next time sweets! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment